Electro-magnetic field (EMF) exposure has extreme and debilitating effects on the human body and DNA. Exposure to this radiation has increased 10-times with the use of close-range, EMF portable electronic devices.
Use of tablets, laptops, and cell phones come in close contact with our bodies. Moreover, most household appliances and electronic devices emit waves of electro-magnetic energy, as well.
EMF Biological Effects
The increased force of electromagnetic radiation in our environment is increasing at extraordinary rates. At present, it’s reaching astronomical levels never before experienced on our planet.
Devices that emit EMF are cell phones, power lines, computers, microwave ovens, Bluetooth devices, wireless (Wi-Fi) networks, house energy smart meters, MRIs, and X-rays, to name a few.
Direct tissue penetration is the most significant route of EMF’s impact on the human body and other living organisms. Additionally, previous studies and reports show that weak EMFs can cause a variety of dramatic effects in human organs, tissues, body cells, and DNA.
Although there are ongoing discussions on the non-thermal effects of EMF influence, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), along with the Agenda of the World Health Organization (WHO), has classified radio electromagnetic fields into a category 2B as potentially carcinogenic.
“Electromagnetic fields can be dangerous because of the risk of cancer and other health problems, including electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS).
Electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) is an occurrence described by the appearance of symptoms after exposure of people to electromagnetic fields, generated by EHS.”
The wide spectrum of non-specific numerous organ symptoms, include both acute and chronic inflammatory processes located mainly in the skin and nervous systems. In addition, chronic inflammation of the musculoskeletal system, respiratory, cardiovascular systems are noted symptoms, as well.
Research shows that Electromagnetic hypersensitivity is a symptomatic precursor to more serious issues that may need to be addressed.
There’s extensive documentation by The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) explaining the adverse biological health effects of EMF exposure to humans. These negative effects include neurological degeneration, genetic damage, immune system dysfunction, nervous system dysfunction, cancer, reproductive defects, in addition to many other biological systemic problems.
The use of EMF-producing devices produces a tremendous breakdown at the cellular level, which leads to many other problems…including mental illnesses (depression, Alzheimer’s Dementia), ADHD, insomnia, Cancer, Autism, including issues related to memory loss, attentiveness and focus, and other chronic disease conditions.
EMF Exposure to Children
Children are increasingly exposed to EMFs at earlier ages with the advances in electromagnetic field (EMF) technologies and communications.
There’s consistent epidemiological evidence linking exposure to extremely low frequency (ELF) magnetic fields with many childhood ailments…including leukemia. Brain scan images show Electromagnetic hypersensitivity.
Children are at notably greater risk from EMF exposure due to a higher absorbency rate than adults are.
Findings from The Stewart Report show that children absorb as much as 60 percent more energy per pound of body weight than adults.
The Stewart Report suggests,
“It has been suggested that children might be especially vulnerable to any adverse health effects of RF radiation. There is evidence that, at the frequencies used in mobile phone technology, children will absorb more energy per kilogram of body weight from an external electromagnetic field than adults (Stewart Report, 2000).”
Over the course of their lives, children will have a longer time for any delayed effects of exposure to develop.
Moreover, current standards for maximum cell phone signal strength are known to penetrate up to one inch in an adult’s head, while the same signal strength of a cell phone may completely pass through a child’s head.
Many symptoms might be obvious, while some not so noticeable. What’s more, prolonged EMF radiation exposure can have negative effects on the human body in many ways. Below are some of the symptoms one may experience from EMF exposure:
Short-Term Health Effects
- Aches and pains
- Decreases sperm motility
- Tingling or burning sensations
- Anxiety, stress, irritability
Long-Term Health Effects
- Brain tumors
- Fragmented DNA
- Mutated cells
- Electrical Sensitivity
- Sleeping problems
- Cognitive impairment
- Concentration or memory loss
- Brain Fog
- Anxiety and Mood
Of course, prolonged EMF exposure is a rising effect that spans a lifetime. Although much evidence is already showing unfavorable results of EMF exposure — such as Electromagnetic hypersensitivity — we have yet to see the fully realized impact of prolonged EMF exposure as it continues to increase dramatically over prior generations.
EMF Exposure to Human Reproductive Systems
EMFs strike DNA in reproductive tissues particularly hard. There’s no bone protective barrier between our Wi-Fi devices and male’s testicles and a female’s ovum.
Recent studies show that continuous exposure to EMF radiation, especially from close contact with cell phones, drastically reduces sperm count. Additionally, studies also show that DNA in the female’s ovum is significantly altered.
Not only does Wi-Fi affect those who hope to conceive now, but it can have an effect on future generations as well. Moreover, the damaged DNA from the parent is passed along to the fetus, affecting future family lines.
Dr. Pall’s research on the biological effects of EMF radiation provides valuable information on how EMF radiation affects our bodies. Martin L. Pall, Ph.D., is a Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Basic Medical Sciences at Washington State University. His publications include numerous studies on the biological effects of electromagnetic fields and their implications on our bodies’ electrical systems.
Dr. Pall explains,
“Females are born with all of the reproductive eggs they will ever have. Every little girl using a cell phone or wireless device is at risk of having fertility issues later in life because of the cumulative radiation exposure she is subject to today.
This cumulative EMF radiation exposure also damages the reproductive system in the fetus growing inside the pregnant mother’s womb, multiplying the risk from generation to generation.”
Biological Effects of Electro-magnetic Fields
According to publications, and studies by Dr. Pall, the biological effects of electromagnetic fields and their implications on our bodies’ electrical systems are as follows.
- Nervous system and the brain: Widespread neurological – neuropsychiatric effects that may cause headaches, fatigue, sleep disturbance, insomnia, depression, poor concentration and focus, cognitive dysfunction, memory loss, anxiety, stress, Electromagnetic hypersensitivity, and vertigo.
- Endocrine/hormonal systems: Prolonged EMF exposure lowers neuroendocrine and insulin levels in the body. Steroid hormone levels also drop while other hormone levels increase. The consequences of the disruption of these regulatory systems are immense.
- Oxidative stress and free radical damage: These play central roles in all chronic diseases.
- Cellular DNA attacks: Attacking the DNA of our cells, producing single strand and double strand breaks in cellular DNA and oxidized bases in our cellular DNA. These, in turn, produce cancer and mutations in germ line cells, which produce mutations in future generations.
- Elevated Apoptosis: Responsible for causing both neurodegenerative diseases and infertility.
- Male & Female Fertility Problems: Lowering sex hormones and libido. Increasing levels of spontaneous abortion and attacking sperm cell DNA.
- Excessive Intracellular Calcium [Ca2+]i Production: Excessive calcium production and signaling have been linked to many illnesses.
- Cancer: Attacks the cells of the body. Such attacks are thought to act via 15 different mechanisms during cancer causation.
A few steps for EMF protection from appliances and devices include:
- Avoid the use of wireless devices. Wireless devices emit a great more electro-magnetic radiation than wired devices. Using wired devices can reduce electro-magnetic radiation.
- Disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices at bedtime. Disabling wireless devices like Wi-Fi routers and Bluetooth speakers at bedtime can reduce one’s exposure to EMF. Seriously consider removing these devices from your bedroom.
- Reduce dirty electricity. Dirty electricity is the harmful electrical energy conducted along electrical wires that strays from the usual 50/60 Hertz frequency. Getting rid of this form of electricity can reduce electro-magnetic radiation.
- Use shielding techniques. Using shielding devices can limit one’s exposure to EMF. Use shielding devices like blue light blockers, shielding phone cases, and faraday cages. However, carefully consider the use of shielding devices. Inadequate installation and monitoring of these devises can actually increase one’s exposure.
- Use your mobile the right way. Avoid direct contact with your mobile phones as much as possible. Using the ‘airplane mode’ at night can reduce your level of exposure to electro-magnetic radiation. Airplane mode, when activated, suspends the device’s radio-frequency signal transmission technologies, effectively disabling all analog voice, and digital data services. If you need to be contactable while you’re sleeping, keep your phone away from your bed, preferably 1-2 meters away from your head. Better yet, keep it out of the room completely.
- Avoid body contact and keep your distance. Always keep at least some distance between you and your laptop, phone, or other EMF source. Even a small increase in distance can make a notable difference. For example, if you keep your cell phone two feet away as you sleep, you’ll experience ¼ the radiation exposure than you would with it only one foot away. In addition, if you keep it 4 feet away, you’ll experience 1/16 the exposure. Put it in another room entirely and enjoy a more restful sleep. Never keep your phone in your pocket or in your bra. There’s a substantial number of cases of women who develop tumors in the exact location where they held their phone. Also, use a radiation-free headset instead of putting your phone directly against your ear. Don’t play games or work or with your tablet or laptop directly on your lap. Either put the device on a table to create distance or use an EMF shield to block the radiation. Radio frequencies and ELF are also emitted from the top of your laptop…where the keyboard sits. In addition, blue light is emitted from the screen. Consider using a wired keyboard to avoid touching it directly and an external monitor to give you some distance and protect from digital eyestrain.
EMF, with regards to our health, really refers to electro-magnetic radiation. There are natural and manmade sources of EMF. Each source of EMF emits invisible waves of energy that can interact with our bodies in different ways — depending on the intensity of the fields and the frequency.
EMF is not essentially bad. It’s everywhere in our environment. People have relied on the earth’s magnetic north pole to align their compasses and navigate. Butterflies, sea turtles, migratory birds, and other animals are also known to rely on the earth’s magnetic lines for direction and guidance. And the sun emits natural EMF via ultraviolet rays. We also witness it during lightning storms and thunder.
In the course of time, humans started making devices that emit EMF. Earlier devices like refrigerators, radio, televisions and other electronics emitted low levels of EMF exposure.
However, today things are acutely different when it comes to EMF exposure. Furthermore, physical exposure to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth EMF signaling from our electronic devices all day long is prevalent. They’re next to our heads while we sleep — wrapped around our wrists, in our pockets, and on our laps.
Considering your health and the health of others, it is vitally important for us to be aware of how much EMF exposure we are subject to on a daily basis.
The extensity of EMP contact has increased in the last ten years. Although there has been more research on EMF exposure and the effects on human life, little is known about how these signals affect life forms for extended periods of time.
Researcher, doctors, health professionals, and scientists are becoming more involved in learning more about EMF exposure. You can learn more, as well.